Everbuild Quick Mac tarmacadam repair compound is a ready to use cold lay product, designed to provide an instant permanent repair for roads, drives and footpaths. Quick Mac macadam is also suitable for remedial work surrounding ironworks such as drains and manhole covers, making it ideal for highway repairs. The product does not displace and is instantly trafficable, ensuring minimal disruption and shorter project turnaround times.
- Everbuild Quick Mac is ready to use straight from the pack, cold lay product – just fill then compact
- Instantly trafficable meaning less disruption
- Does not displace over time
- Can be used as a repair macadam on roads, driveways and footpaths
Correct preparation prior to the application of Everbuild Quick Mac is key to maximising the durability of the macadam. The product should only be applied to areas with a minimum depth of 20mm and a maximum of 60mm. Before applying Quick Mac, be sure to compact the base with a suitable aggregate and remove any dirt or debris with a brush. It is advised that any clean cut vertical surfaces are treated with Everbuild Cold Joint Sealer (available separately).
- Should not be used in a wearing course less than 20mm in depth
- The manufacturer and supplier cannot know all the uses this product may be put to, it is the responsibility of the user to determine suitability for use, should there be any doubt refer to the attached technical data sheets in the ‘More Details’ tab or contact the Everbuild Technical Services Department
- High traffic public areas: (carriageways, footpaths, cycle tracks, tennis courts etc). For maximum durability a 60mm wearing course is recommended. Apply Everbuild Quick Mac into recess and rake to a depth of 45mm (i.e. 50% greater than compacted depth). Compact to 30mm in accordance with Appendix 8 of the Re-Instatement of Openings in Highways 1992. Re-seal vertical surfaces with Everbuild Cold Joint Sealer (available separately), re-apply and rake to 45mm, and compact as above back to 30mm level with the existing surface
- Low traffic domestic areas: (eg driveways, garden paths). Prepare, compact base and prime vertical surfaces in same way as above, but lesser depths of Quick Mac may be used if required. Holes are filled to 50% greater than their depth and compacted level. NOTE: do not use at as a final wearing course at less than 20mm in compacted depth.
Store in cool dry conditions between + 5°C and 25°C. Storage outside these parameters will significantly reduce shelf life.
6 months in original unopened bag. This will reduce significantly once opened.
All product imagery is for illustration purposes only. Appearance and colours are often affected by your display settings and therefore, should not be used for matching purposes.