PLASCON is a dense aggregate general purpose concrete building block manufactured in solid, hollow and cellular units and in an extensive range of strengths. The high density and high strength of PLASCON provides high levels of durability and robustness, load bearing capacity and fixability. Sound insulation properties of PLASCON, particularly in multicore format, are impressive. PLASCON is manufactured from crushed limestone aggregate, recycled aggregates and pulverised fuel ash. They are plain ended, light buff in colour.
External Walls - Outer & Inner Leaf
Internal Partition Walls
Walls Below Dpc
Suspended Floors - Beam & Block
Good Sound Insulation
Available as Paintgrade
Plascon blocks are manufactured
to comply with BS EN 771-3.
Production facilities operate under
Quality Management Standard
BS EN ISO 9001 certificate number
FM 10847 and Environmental
Management Standard BS EN
ISO 14001 certificate number
EMS 536819. (BSI Registration).
Properties and Performance
- Mean Compressive Strength: 7.3 N/mm2 and 10.4 N/mm2
- Dry Density: 1950 Kg/m3
- Thermal Properties: k = 1.06W/m°C
- Moisture Movement: Not greater than 0.60mm/m
- Sound Insulation: Plascon complies with Part E and Robust Details for floors and walls. Consult our Technical Department for further information
- Shear Bond Strength: 0.15 N/mm2
- Fire Resistance: Plascon blocks are manufactured from Class 1 Fire Resistant Aggregate as defined in BS 5628 Part 3
- Fixability: Plascon blocks accept direct nailing and are easy and speedy to drill and plug.
Mortar Designation: Designation (iii) - 1:1:6 cement: lime: sand