Medium density blocks suitable for use in the majority of standard applications. This includes the inner leaf of cavity walls when used with secondary insulation, separating or partition walls, infill blocks in beam and block flooring systems, and externally where a finish is applied.
- The density of Fenlite and Fenlite 1500 blocks gives them excellent sound insulation properties. When laid to form a cavity sound separating wall, they will achieve the required mass as given in the Building Regulations and Robust Details.
- Fenlite and Fenlite 1500 blocks are suitable as in-fill blocks for beam and block flooring systems. They should be specified as 'for flooring', in order that the correct manufacturing base is sourced.
- The strength of all Fenlite blocks dictates their application in exposed conditions. Block strengths of 7.3 N/mm² and greater should be specified if they are to be used on the outer leaf of cavity wall below dpc level and left unprotected. In all other normal situations 3.6 N/mm² blocks would be suitable.
- Fenlite and Fenlite 1500 blocks, in conjunction with suitable thicknesses of insulation, are able to reach high levels of thermal insulation.
- Concrete is an excellent fire resistant material. Fenlite and Fenlite 1500 blocks are manufactured using Class 1 aggregates which provides the highest level of fire resistance for a given size.
440 x 215mm
Internal 0.45W/m.K, External 0.48W/m.K