AGLITE and AGLITE ULTIMA is a range of low density, lightweight load bearing blocks manufactured using a mix of Plasmor's own man-made expanded clay aggregate and other high quality lightweight aggregates. AGLITE is available in a comprehensive choice of sizes and strengths suitable for Housebuilding, Industrial, Commercial and RMI projects.
External Walls - Outer & Inner Leaf
Internal Loadbearing Walls
Internal Partition Walls
Walls Below Dpc (7.3N Only)
Semi Exposed Walls
Suspended Floors - Beam & Block
Lightweight Low Density
High Thermal Efficiency
Good Sound Insulation
Accepts Plaster and Paint Without Bonding Coat
Easily Cut and Chased
Aglite and Aglite Ultima are manufactured to comply with BS EN 771-3. Production facilites operate under Quality Mangement Standard BS EN ISO 9001 Certificate Number FM 10847 (BSI Registration).
Properties and Performance
- Mean Compressive Strength: 4.2N/mm2 & 7.3N/mm².
- Dry Density: 4.2N & 7.3N - 1050 Kg/m³
- Thermal Properties: k = 0.32W/m°C. Aglite and Aglite Ultima blocks are Part L compliant. Consult our Technical Department for current thermal data.
- Moisture Movement: 0.40mm/m
- Sound Insulation: Aglite Ultima complies with Robust Details E-WM-12, E-WM-17 and E-WM-4. Consult our Technical Department for further information.
- Fire Resistance: Aglite and Aglite Ultima are manufactured from Class 1 Fire Resistant Aggregate as defined in BS 5628 Part 3
- Sheer Bond Strength: 0.15 N/mm²
- Fixability: Aglite and Aglite Ultima blocks accept direct nailing and are easy and speedy to drill and plug.
- Mortars: Mortar designation 3 - 1:1:6 Lime, Cement, Sand.